New Construction subbing.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PerfiCut L&L, Jan 22, 2006.

1. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L LawnSite Senior Member

We currently do a number of residential and commercial properties, both lawn and landscape. I'd like to expand into the new construction market and am looking for some advice on how to go about this.

We have a ton of new construction going up around here and it appears to be endless. Ive tried calling the numbers thats posted on the "PROPERTY FOR LEASE" signs but have not had much success.

Just make it clear, Im not looking for construction work :) , just looking to do the lawnscape work for new properties being constructed.

Any advice?
  2. turftammer

turftammer LawnSite Member

you need to look for the the signs with the numbers of the general contractors not the # for the lease because these are normally property managment co. that take care of the property after the construction although the general you call from the sign probably has already received bids for that job and has someone already but then he knows your out there for the next job but don't forget to network talk to people you know that are carpenter, electricians,plumbers,etc. because they all give the general their two cents at one time or another. they also discuss the work of other contractors like who to use and not to use and I know this because I was in this trade and more than once I had a contractor come to me and say for example my drywall guy isn't doing the work he promised or he's six weeks behind and I need someone here next week do you know any one. sure I do a friend of mine joe smith. then he does a job or two and gets the contractor out of a jam and before you know it he's doing all his new construction. this does happen I've seen it several times. and usually if you do the quality of work you promise and are on the job when you say you will be the contractor won't use someonelse on the next job because the other guy was $1000 cheaper. but that's just my two cents if it's worth that much!
  3. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L LawnSite Senior Member

thanks Turft...

Ill get the number and try that route. Problem I forsee is that most of the construction around here is done by the same 2 or 3 companies,so its my guess that they already have found a reliable landscaper, so getting in on the action may be grasping at thin air. but Ill give it a try.