New contract - what do you think

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by fairwayCuts, Jan 25, 2005.

1. fairwayCuts

fairwayCuts LawnSite Member

I've been trying to wright up an agreement for this year and have finally compiled a draft. It's a cobination of my work and a template from the Gopher website. I had my accountant read over it and she though the wording was very dificult. I don't get this feeling though. Mabey I'm not good at english ;) :dizzy: .

Feel free to use this as a draft for yourself if you'd like.

Attached Files:

2. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

What did the accountant mean by "difficult"? It looks pretty good to me. I mean, it wasn't filled with a bunch of "legal-ese" type words.

3. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

From Notes to Service Agreement on needs a little work. I'm pretty good at English and it does get a little bit tough. Punctuation needs help too which is part of the problem. Just trying to be critical...nothing personal. Don't take any offense!

4. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

couldn't PM it to you so here you go...

Attached Files:

• HELP.doc
      File size:
      73.5 KB
      Views:
  5. fairwayCuts

I think she thought that some of the wording wasn't correct. Ending sentences with a preposition :dizzy: , wrong use of some words ;). I don't know, I just about flunked English in school :help: .

6. fairwayCuts

Thnaks for all the revisions :D . After reading your copy, a lot of it seems to go smoother.

7. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Fairway
    New contract looks good,that is something I am starting to work on as well.Gophers templates is where I am starting and getting ideas from others.

8. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

you can not attach files in a PM.

9. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

i like the original. instead of a watermark logo, i'd put it on top.

also, you mention weather conditions in the 1st paragrapgh and then something similar in the middle.good work