New Contract

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by drsogr, Jul 4, 2004.

1. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

I just wrote up a new contract. This will be for residential work only. Can you guys look it over and tell me what you think? Anything I need to add, take away, or correct spelling on?

2. drsogr

Lets try this again!

Attached Files:

3. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

It looks good to me. I have thought about using something similar to that for a while now. I like the term service agreement. It sounds much better than contract. I consider a contract to be binding by time, but an agreement can be cancelled at any time. I like that. I am guessing that this basically just covers your butt in case they have a problem rememberig the price or what you will and won't put up with...? That is what I would use it for anyway.
  4. drsogr

Yeah, I just really wanted something a little more than just a handshake. Something that I could at least go back to if they try to stick me. I figure if you have something like a contract then they will be more likely to treat you like a business, instead of just the boy down the street mowing my yard.
  5. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

I like the $5.00 charge to clean off the dog crap from the tires.

I never thought it being that big of a deal till I reliezed how many customers of mine have dogs.

I would have at least $30.00 more each week If I chatged that fee for this season
  6. drsogr

Anybody else have any ideas? Anything?

7. number1dad

number1dad LawnSite Member

The "Service Agreement" looks really nice. I think $5.00 for dog "cleanup" is somewhat low, but I do not have many clients with dogs that stay in the yard. The 14 day notice to terminate is good for both you and the client. You can get out of the agreement if things are not going very smoothly.
  8. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good to me. In fact, I like it as well as, any I've ever seen.
  9. drsogr

Yeah $5 dollars may be pretty low, but I guess it really depends on what type of yard you are talking about. If your talking a $20 dollar yard, $5 dollars is 25%. If you are talking a $40 dollar yard its not nearly as bad. Plus how much money does it really cost to wash off a mower? Just a pita more than anything. Heck if they want to pay $5 more every week, I can get the hose out and clean my mower. I keep it clean anyway. Thanks for the input.
  10. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Get rid of the line at the bottom. It really messes up a good contract. Everything else looks good. You may want to add that you do not move any heavy stuff like picnic tables.