1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Controller and what a mess w/ the old!!

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by bicmudpuppy, Jun 30, 2007.

1. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

Ok, finally got my new pedestal here, so the excavation for pad begins and I get to start investigating the wiring for the existing set-up. Enjoy the pics!!

2. bicmudpuppy

a few more :)

The twin reds at the bottom of the first one here are my power from the club house for the irrigation. And no, I can't seem to find any conduit that they might be in.

3. What a mess Bic! I feel for ya. What controller are you using for all this? I have an old Rain Master sitting in my garage that will do 18 zones to donate to your cause.
  4. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Holy crap Bryan! I'm sure that when you're done with it it will be a LOT neater. Looks like you need a few of those wire numbering kits to keep everything straight. :)
  5. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Sheesh! Now that you've posted these pictures, it wouldn't surprise me if some guy rips out that wire and sells it to the scrap yard.
  6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Just when you think RCs are over another pile surfaces! Had a backhoe hit a
    clump like that, took me about a week to make sense of the wiring, they even used red for the common. Can you make it with one fresh clock?
    Best of luck, Bics, we've all been there in some perverse form!:cry:
  7. bicmudpuppy

New controller is a Par+ES 48. I will have pics of the controller on the ped tonight. I have power and everything self tests A-OK and the first six zones for No.1 Fairway are in and testing fine. I feel MUCH better now that the controller is powered up and the internal diagnostics check. I picked up this controller as "used" because it was surplused on a large install. The date code is april of '04, but it has never been installed. Saved myself/the club over $2000 over new w/ a '07 date code.

BTW, as I am sorting the wires, it is actually WORSE than it looks :hammerhead: :hammerhead:
  8. bicmudpuppy

Ok, home for super and here are pics of things so far. We are about halfway with the overall project. The Par is over half on the wiring, but I still need to relocate and wire the ESP 16LX.

9. bicmudpuppy

BTW, in the third pic above, the wires are in front of the lower panel, and are now behind the lower panel. We rushed the first batch to test a full fairway and to play with the controller for a bit :)

This controller will upgrade to 72 stations if we ever decide to do w/o the ESP. I haven't priced the panel upgrade to make room for the 3 extra mods, but the mods themselves cost me $410 each.

10. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I'm really surprised you were able to sell that course on getting that timer. Thats a nice setup.