NEW Country Clipper DFI Holy Cow!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MONTE, Sep 14, 2009.

1. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

Brand new out ran it today a new Country Clipper 72" Boss with a 37hp Kawasaki DFI engine! that is correct DFI!!!! I put this mower in a field that had not been mowed this year thick and tough and wow what a horse of a mower! I honestly thought I was going to break belts and the kaw motor just kept lugging! Amazing the power is way stronger than the carb version of this engine! I do not know about fuel economy yet but it should be solved with the DFI version! Best part is the DFI option on the country clipper is only a $400 upgrade!

2. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

It is about time they switched to fuel injection over carbureators, The last car with a carb to be produced was in 1986!!! What is taking so long? and fuel injection is still not the norm for outdoor power equipment!? Hopefully that will change. Im also suprised how little it cost. I thought it would bump the price way up? Im guessing it has some sort of a computer? does anyone know if they make a WB with EFI or DFI yet? YEs it will do way better on gas now, fuel injected motors always sip the fuel, plus you dont have to worry about taking it on crazy steep hills, as far as the engine goes anyway.

3. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

I got to go and try this thing out!!!!

4. integrityman

integrityman LawnSite Bronze Member

lettuce no what the fuel consumption rate is.....

5. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

DFi usually only increases fuel economy by 20=25%. So that would make them on par with the carburated big Briggs and Generacs. I hope they do much better.

Scag says that when run under FULL load that the efi/dfi engines get about 25% better.

But the Big Kaws seem to average over 2 gph compared to 1.5 for the Briggs so they have a long way to go.

6. keith.mcginnis

keith.mcginnis LawnSite Member

Sorry this made me chuckle..:laugh:

7. Razorblades

Razorblades LawnSite Senior Member

What was the price of the mower that you tested? I've read that the Country Clipper Charger and Boss models hold hills well; have you been able to check it out on hilly terrain? What type of discharge pattern does it have with the clippings and what is the cut quality compared to other brands that you've used?

8. HydroGearHead

HydroGearHead LawnSite Member
    from florida

ummm not to be offensive but the engine might be good but who wants a country clipper? its not really a mower for a serious commercial lawn service....ain't meaning to be offensive but its just not a "real" commercial mower

"you can put lipstick on a pig but you still got a pig" Barrack Hussein Obama

"You can put a great engine in a t*rd but you still gotta t*rd"--me

9. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Why does Country Clipper get a bad rap anyway? I have a dealer close to me and was interested in checking them out/demoing.

10. HydroGearHead

HydroGearHead LawnSite Member
    from florida

Well for one they used to make all of the Snapper Pro units before Snapper started to make their own