1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Crabgrass Killer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by turfman33, Aug 7, 2004.

1. turfman33

turfman33 LawnSite Member

2. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I wonder what the active chemical is... I didn't see it mentioned anywhere.
  3. nriddle77

nriddle77 LawnSite Senior Member

Seems a bit pricy to me.
  4. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

You will still need a license to apply it to your customer's lawns...
  5. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm sure that this is a get rich scheme (IMHO) by someone who's packaged good old "baking soda" and is trying to sell it as a miracle herbicide. For anyone who doesn't believe this go find a patch of carpet grass and wet it with a hose and then sprinkle a little Arm & Hammer on it and come back in about an hour. What you'll find is black decaying dead carpet grass.
  6. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

I have an old lady as a client who swears by baking soda to kill crab grass.

I was like yeah right. But she got some and poured it on the crabgrass and surrounding St augustine. I be damned if the crabgrass wasn't dead this week and the St. augustine looked fine.

So I have to agree with mowerman90
  7. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

The grasses in the north rye, fescue, kentuckey blue and bent grass are not tested. That is strange IMO.
  8. GregoryR

GregoryR LawnSite Member

I wrote them for a label and MSDS. I wonder if they will send any.
  9. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

im curious greg why would you think they wouldnt send you a label and msds sheet?

liberty testing has been done on those grass but it burns the northern turfs,,,,,lesco has done a ton of testing with it!

i have a feeling you guys would be surprised to find out what most of the products we use are made out of! just do a search on permethrins or glyphosates or 24d!
  10. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

its got cinnamon,corn and wheat flour baking soda and a few other ingrediants in it.