New crew leaders/business managers needed Walpole, Massachusetts

Discussion in 'Employment' started by mflandscape, Feb 25, 2009.

1. mflandscape

mflandscape LawnSite Member

I'm looking for a few people who have experience with landscaping and have some intelligence to run a business. I started my company at around age twelve and i am now graduated and heading off to college. I need someone who can manage a crew, as well as a few people who can work as employees. We can train over 2009 with dethatching, aerating, fertilizer applications, mowing, mulching, cleanups, edging, bush and tree pruning, and plowing. We are also looking for anyone who is able to manage the finance and customer relations part of the business as well.

We are located in Walpole, Massachusetts and have a whole fleet of equipment. Two ford 250 trucks w/ plows, Wright Stander, Bobcat mower, 3 echo trimmers, 4 redmax backpacks, little wonder push, and a 16 foot trailer

We are investing in a new ford 550 truck a 18ft enclosed trailer and a 25 Hp truckloader leaf vacuum. I do not want to purchase any of this without someone that i can count on to manage and run a business. Let me know if anyone is interested in this. We are pretty flexible with time and very pay well. Thank you.

2. TheCanadianLawnRanger

TheCanadianLawnRanger LawnSite Member

Wow sounds like a grat oppertunity to someone in your area. Best of luck to bad im in canada

3. mflandscape

Thanks, hopefully it works out

4. TheCanadianLawnRanger

I'M just curious what kind of a salary you would give someone like that in your area. I know my buddy runs a Grass crew and he gets babsicallt 17/hr year round. i was suppose to get 15/hr plus a truck at the last firm i was with but was all smoke and mirrors:canadaflag:

5. mflandscape

Personally i think i'd probably pay someone much better than that if all works the way i want. They would also have access to all the trucks if need be.

6. TheCanadianLawnRanger

Holy cow better the 17/hr. do you give medical benefits..up here we all have free medicare so it is rare to get medical benifits:canadaflag:

7. mflandscape

I'd have to see how it worked out, but im looking to incorporate and we already have insurance and workers comp. We take good care of our employees so i don't think anyone would have to worry about that.

8. TheCanadianLawnRanger

How hard is it for a canadian to work down there??:canadaflag:

9. mflandscape

If you live in Canada, I don't really see it possible, unless you moved your residence or found some way to stay for the landscape season

10. TheCanadianLawnRanger

TOO bad i bet housing is crazy expensive down there. I would pack up my company for a great opportunity like that but probably impossible to get a visa. I have 6 year experience:canadaflag: