1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Cub 48/36

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by wriken, Oct 11, 2004.

1. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I don't know how this scan will turn out, but here goes, new cub tank for 2005, 23 kohlor, both sides flip up to 35.5"s to get thru 36" gates. Pretty interesting, Some other manufacture makes something similar

Cub 48-36 ztr.jpg

2. wriken

here is the spec side. The sides, are electric operated.

Spec's on 48-36.jpg

3. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

That is a great design. I wouldn't be surprised if we soon see a 54 and 60 with the same flip-deck feature. Maybe a 72?? I know most gated yards do not require a larger deck, however, I'm sure they would still sell a bunch. It would also save space on the trailer. Looks like a great idea.

4. wriken

Ya I have no clue on the price, probably out of my price range. I do a gated yard that I wish I could get my 72" in it, but have to settle for a 36" hydo. I don't think the mower is for me, I don't do that many gated yards, but when I do get on a mower I prefer to ride. :)

5. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

wow do you realize the equipment cost saving by having a machine like that.....the trailer space savings?i wonder what kinda collection system could be hooke dup to that?

Chuck

6. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

Around my area I have a lot of 36 inch gated yards an really wish I had a machine like that one. Sure wish Toro or Exmark would make something like that. HINT HINT :rolleyes:

7. wriken

just paint it red or red. :)

8. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Wow, that's awesome! Lots of gates backyards in my area. Would do well here.
    And it's cool that they made the wings electrically operated (I assume from operaters seat).

I really like seeing that the manufacturers are working to help make our jobs easier/more efficient. It's exciting to see new stuff coming out each year.

Thanks for sharing that Bernie!

9. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

with the way that both sides of the deck flip up I'd be worried about breaking or bending the deck.

this is just an observation from the picture. I'd have to see it in person to be sure.

I probably woud not do something like that myself, but if I had employees I would be worried.

10. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Dealer said the price in the low 5s man look what a engine you are holding.