New Cub Enforcer: Questions answered here

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowingman, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

This is for John and some others who had asked questions about the new Cub Enforcer, in another topic.
    The Enforcer has the "Command Cut" deck, like the Tanks. however, it is a downsized version. Overall deck baffle design is the same, deck drive mechanisms are the same. however, spindles are downsized a little, and depth of deck is a little less. Deck depth on the Tank is 5". On the Enforcer it is 4 1/2".
    On the 48" machine I looked at today, the track width of the drive tires is
    34" from tire center to tire center. Overall width across back tires is 42".
    any other questions, just ask away.

2. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Did you get a price on it?

3. Mowingman

from Texas

44" suggested promo price @$4699.00; 48" suggested promo price
    @ $4999.00; 54" suggested promo price @ $5799.00

4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

The 4 1/2" depth is probably sufficient for a 48" width deck.
    You don't really need insane depth for material handing capacity on a deck that small.
    Especially since the ground speed is only 8 mph.

42" is wide enough for the rear track width too.
    If it has the right balance/weight distribution and a low center of gravity it will be OK on hills.

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

4.5 deck depth forget it. It was nice to dream a little on this on.:cry: :waving:

6. Mowingman

from Texas

Well, you never know, it might do what you want it to. Maybe you can get your hands on one for a demo later in the spring. I am sure it will work well down her in our southern grasses. However, I know your grasses cut a lot different, and demand a lot more from a deck than ours do.

7. John Gamba

from ct

If i can i'll try one. there is only one dealer and i think he's homeowner not a commertial dealer.

8. John Gamba

from ct

Mow

How is the Enforcer doing???

9. Mowingman

from Texas

We have sold two Enforcers. One has never been back for anything. The other must have been built at 4:45 PM on a Friday. It had a few things fall off and/or break within the first 25 hours of use. Owner was not too happy at first. We fixed everything quickly and it has been out making money ever since. Both buyers, who are LCO's, are pleased with the performance now. They seem to be pretty tough little machines, as one of the two buyers is kind of hard on his, and, does not maintain it very well.
    The QC at the Cub factory has been spoty this past year, so that makes me a little vervous about recommending Cub Commercial machines to LCO's. We, as dealers, have to be very diligent about inspecting and adjusting out every single Cub machine we sell, whether homeowner or commercial. If we can catch all the bugs before they get out in the field, the owners tend to be very happy with the machines.

10. John Gamba

from ct

This is what ive been hearing. Still not as bad of news as others in this Class. How has the cut been with the 4.5" deep deck??

Thank you john