1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Cust. E-mail...how to bid?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Adam3669, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Adam3669

Adam3669 LawnSite Senior Member

Alright guys/gals, I just received this e-mail from a new customer and I was wondering if I could get some advice on if this is something I should bid by the hour, and if so how much?

"I would like to schedule an appointment for an estimate of my yard.

I have recently had a tree removed from my yard and want to clean up the area around it. Maybe create a flower bed. The rest of the work I would like to have done is to clean up my other flower beds and areas around the yard. Just get rid of weeds and unsightly areas.

I just moved into this house a few months ago, so I do not want to do anything major just yet. But, if I enjoy your services, I would love to create a relationship for more to come in the future.

I do work during the days, so please let me know what times would be available.

Thank you,"

Alright, thanks in advance guys.

2. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

Bid by the job. Never let the customer know your hourly charge.
  3. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

Make believe you never heard her say anything about future work! Oldest saying in the book of cheep skates.