1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Custom Trailer-Dedicated for Lawn Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Flex-Deck, Feb 19, 2005.

1. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Here is a trailer I designed and had built by a custom trailer building welding shop. It has both side load ramps and rear load ramp. I can now pull my 9 1/2 foot mower on without having to break it down. My wifes mower is behind the tandems, and my eXmark WB is between the fenders.
    This is a 21' trailer - full 8' wide ahead and behind the tandems. We have a total of 20 1/2 foot of mowing swath involved in the three mowers.

Trailer-New-2-Words-best.jpg

2. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

hey nice trailer. How much weight is one that trailer? How much is the trailer rated for? and How much does the trailer weigh empty? just curious.

3. Flex-Deck

Probably 4500 lbs on the trailer - has two 3500 lb. axles - tortion suspension -I just loaded it for the first time today and took it down the road for a shake down cruise, and it really trails beautifully - The guy that builds these trailers uses all rectangular tubing - no angle iron - trailer is really tough.

4. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

wow u got the setup now

5. Woody82986

from DFW, TX

One more question... what are you pulling it with? It looks like a tank of a trailer.

6. Flex-Deck

2001 Dodge 2500 - Cummins Diesel - Actually has 1 ton springs. It is plenty of truck.

7. Woody82986

from DFW, TX

That combo must make a pretty sight rolling down the road.

8. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

you think you'll block some driveways? ;) with the ramps down, i guess they can drive right over the trailer... that is one serious trailer.

9. mo-fleet

mo-fleet LawnSite Member
    from PA

Got any pics of that Dodge? I've been thinking about how to up the whole rearend on my 2500 to a 1ton. Because I don't want a daully. How did you do yours?

10. Flex-Deck

Hang on mo-fleet - I will go take a pic right now - post it in a few minutes.