1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

new customer/bad start

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mikeymike, Jun 28, 2003.

1. mh1314

mh1314 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

When I do a job that's not on monthly billing and noone is home, I have some self addressed envelopes that contain a card which Thanks them for the business and tells them the exact charge for services. It also directs them who to make the check out to and where to mail it...just in case they lose the envelope. I close with inviting them to call for free estimates on addtional services. If you feel giving you can put a stamp on the envelope.

Works pretty good and takes away many of the excuses ie:

lost your address, phone number
    couldn't remember how much I owed
    thought you would come back by a jillion times until you found me
    I didin;t have an envelope, stamp etc.

:blob4:

2. mikeymike

mikeymike LawnSite Member

Thnaks for all the info. I will be leaving every customer an invoice when I finish there lawn. This way they will know all the specifics of the service when theyy get the invoice upon them returning home. Does anyone leave recomendations on the yards for their customers on the invoice also?. (i.e. time to fertilize or aerate and such)

3. Does anyone leave recomendations on the yards for their customers on the invoice also?. (i.e. time to fertilize or aerate and such)

Yes, good way to sell extras.

Also if its a one time job & not on monthly billing just leave a return envelope with the invoice.