New Customer Help

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by taproot, Aug 13, 2006.

1. taproot

taproot LawnSite Member

I've been in the industry 10 years, (6 myself). Ive never had a big demand for fertilization, weed control, etc.. (anything i would need an PA license for until lately). Now we are legal in that department and I'm getting more then i asked for. My main business is general landscaping and hardscapes but i have a good mowing/maintenance crew. What kind of programs are you guys doing for your customers? 4 times? 6 times a year? I know this is broad but Im looking for a general idea. My biggest question is more of a test for my guy who will be doing those jobs. I met with a new customer the other day who has a small (just under 1/4 acre lot). Her concerns are (I know this is difficult but anything to help)...creating a barrier between her and neighbors whos weed infested lawn is taking over hers...and what would you use on a lawn that is already taken over? I know this is broad and weed types, grass, etc.. play a big factor (i can do that research). My biggest concern is when my guy comes back with his evaluation. What should i look for? (in him more then the lawn). If Im going to send him out, what are some good/bad clues to how hes doing as far as estimating/evaluating(most concerned about) these jobs? Thanks in advance.