1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Customer ID'd crabgrass CORRECTLY!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Apr 22, 2014.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Was running my Rd 1 route today and slipped in a new customer estimate. Customer said over the phone the night before "had lots of problems with crabgrass last year...." So I am thinking "ok, the quackgrass is perking up and this customer thinks that quackgrass IS crabgrass" So many of my customers make this misidentification. So I get to this new customer's home, and she leads me into her yard and says "look at all this dead crabgrass from last year" And I agreed with her it was indeed dead crabgrass. And promptly sold her a program for the year, and threw fert+pre on the spot:)

Hats off to this customer, who actually knows what they are looking at in their lawn:weightlifter:

2. Above Par Lawns

Above Par Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

:laugh: weren't you just on another thread wrongfully trying to ID crabgrass? Are you sure it wasn't poa annua? :hammerhead:

3. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I also self admitted my err (thats what I get for concurring with Larry I guess).
    I stand firm on this story though.

4. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

Lol, im constantly trying to convince some that the thick bladed green grass they see as soon as the snow melts is NOT crabgrass, as ur new customer pointed out, at this time of year for our areas any crabgrass visible is a dead gray skeleton of a plant
    Posted via Mobile Device