new customer packets

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by barrettslawncare, Apr 2, 2008.

1. barrettslawncare

barrettslawncare LawnSite Member

Do any of you send out new customer packets to new customers? If so, what all do you include in them?
  2. chrisludwig

chrisludwig LawnSite Member

Depending upon the services you offer this is a good idea. New customers and existing customers may not remember all of the services that you offer.
    So when you send the packet it reinforces your services, your brand and any tips you may want to give to make your job easier.
    Not to mention that 99.5% of others dont do it so you are certainly stepping up and distinguishing yourself from other lawn companies out there.

This packet could be as simple as a brochure and business card magnet.
    Or a presentation folder containing info on all your services, testimonial sheet, feedback card, referral reward card, website info, lawn and garden tips, etc...

And if you find that a recurring question keeps popping up from customes, I would include this in the packet as well.

Good luck. Let me know if I can help anymore.
  3. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I have used one for several years. It has saved me a lot of wasted trips by tire kickers. I know if they call for an appointment after receiving the packet the only question is can they afford us.
    Mine contains
    • Introduction letter
    • Sample contract
    • Sample spreadsheet
    • Business practices
    • Newsletter

This tells them everything about our company including our prices. I'm not into bidding for people who can't afford the service and I'm not into selling them something they want only to realize after a few months they can't afford us either.
  4. B & B Yardscape

B & B Yardscape LawnSite Member

When I arrive for an estimate I give a business card with the web page on it. After the estimate I tell them to visit the web page for more information. I have 47 pages on my web page with info on everything a customer would want to know, except price.

I think a well thought out tri-fold brochure with contact info, logo, services provided, warrenty info, payment options, why choose us, etc is a good idea.
  5. barrettslawncare

barrettslawncare LawnSite Member

thanks! your replies were very helpful!