New Customer Quest!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Tamers, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Turf Tamers

Turf Tamers LawnSite Member

OK guys, as I have said before I am a part-timer in biz however; I am looking for a "Few Good Customers". I have one big commercial account and several other residential accounts that are gona carry over from last year. I did the door hanger thing last season with marginal results. I looking for good advise it gain 5 to 8 high end residential accounts!
  2. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

When you find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow let me know.:blob1:
  3. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I have about 25 accounts and they all came by word of mouth or people just stopping while I was working an account. That just takes time.

After you call nobagger, let me know, too.:)
  4. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Target the high end neighborhood's that you want to work and put out quality professionally created flyers. Around here, the high end clients are all about the image, they want the biggest nicest most professional (and expensive) company they can find.

Or do some direct mailing to select neighborhoods that you want. Direct mailing for 500-1000 people wouldn't be too expensive. 5-8 clients is nothing really, I'm trying to add 30 accounts this year (at least), thats alittle more work.
  5. mjean

mjean LawnSite Member

door hangers work they just need to be professionally done not something you print off your computer. We hang fliers all year long different fliers for different seasons approx 15,000 fliers per year and I get great results from that. I have custom fliers but go to I use to get them from them real nice quality and lots of options. use them for a while until you know what works.
  6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

If you want a sure bet for customers, and not necessarily high end, target the widows.
  7. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

Every area is different, but in Louisville there is quite a few high end neighborhoods I stay away from. They demand perfection but are way too cheap to pay for it. My favorite neighborhoods to target are the middle-class to upper middle-class. Not only are they willing to pay my prices, but also appreciate the work I do. They constantly send "thank you" notes with their payments.
  8. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

Stand out at a mojor intersection in the am. and or pm. comute times for about an hour with a sign like " LAWN MOWING 410-555-1234" and wave. be there everyday for a week about 1 month before cutting starts. Then periodically as mowing is just starting. You can hire someone to do this but make sure they represent a good image. Web sites and 800 #s make it easier for the comuter to remember. 1-800-CUT-LAWN
  9. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

Do a good job on your other lawns, Get some signs made up and ask the people if you can put a sign in her yard.
  10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

ask for referrals