New customer-really...really nice!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by deere615, Apr 30, 2008.

1. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I got this new customer the other day He has an extremely small lawn, So before I could even give him a price he starts talking about his mower, which he only cut a few paths with and it was to hard for him(its a brand new mower). So he GAVE it to me, bag, book everything! Its a selfpropelled toro. I told him it would be $25 but this one would be free, but he insisted on paying me. Pulls out his wallet and hands me $30, I said I had change, but he said no keep it! I had to stop my mower and trimmer a few times because he likes to talk alot:dizzy:. Halfway done he stops me and gives me a gas can half full! And when I was done, He said he was going to keep it at $30 all summer:)
    Toro mower.jpg
    Toro bag.jpg
    Gas can 4.jpg

Toro mower.jpg

Toro bag.jpg

Gas can 4.jpg

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

I had someone give me one of those as well. Its a good mower we dont use it that much. I had some one give me their lawn roller the other day. Good for you. There are some good ones out there.
  3. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Must be an Old Timer. Not that you would'nt but make sure you do a great Job ! I had a Guy Give me a 024 Stihl WoodBoss,He Used it to cut down 2 Small Trees.I Could'nt Believe it ! Some time's you Get Lucky !
  4. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Isn't that a Personal Pace self propelled Toro? I have one and like it alot.

Lucky you.... :)
  5. blm86

blm86 LawnSite Member

i just got a 21in lawnboy from a lady last weekend, hadnt been started in 3 years. started on the 3rd pull for me. last year she gave me an old trimmer that had been used barely at all
  6. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

I got a ... "You gonna pick those weeds outta my sidewalk cracks?" once. But that was about it.;)
  7. tras

tras LawnSite Member

I have had a couple customers like that. Always a good find.

Ends up being a bit time consuming(talking with them, odd little jobs, ect.) but it definately is worth it.
  8. farmboy1285

farmboy1285 LawnSite Senior Member

The closest I have ever been to getting something from one of my customers is when a guy tried to sell me his old beat up dethatcher for $150. I am pretty sure he was A. Just going to throw it away and B. a used car salesman. He shut up pretty quick when I told him that I could find a new one easily for $100. Seriously how dumb do I look;). Anyway thats awesome for you guys it sure is nice to get a tip or a raise every now and then.
  9. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah, me too! lol. Actually, I've gotten a free mower before and some other stuff.
  10. CALandscapes

CALandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

One of our customers gave one of my foreman a nearly brand-new 42" flat screen TV last year. Boy, was I jealous!