new customers

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Athletic field, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Athletic field

Athletic field LawnSite Member

I have a couple potential customers that want estimates for the remainder of the year. They would also like an estimate for next year which would include crabgrass control, and they would like an estimate for a one time spray. My question is, how should I show the price difference.

Someone told me not to break prices down too much. Kind of like showing them your poker hand.

2. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

First off, don't price next year unless you have to. Costs are so out of control that you could shoot yourself in the foot. Then, just price it as a package. No more detail than a "per treatment" cost. You don't want them to think they can pick and choose what chemicals they want. Make it all or nothing.

3. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

We quote on our standard six application program. Also we average the application price (ie: 6 appl. @ $50.00 ea.)
    If they want fewer applications we increase the remaining applications price by 10%.
    (ie: 5 Appl. @ $55.00ea)
    For each application dropped the prices per remaining applÂ’s goes up by 10%.
    (ie: 4 appl. @ $60.50)

A one time treatment would be at a minimum double the per appl. price.

You need to explain that the different applications are not equal in costs and that you average them for their convenience.

Don't even think about next year pricing until this winter.