New Customers-

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by northeast, Jun 22, 2000.

1. northeast

northeast LawnSite Member
    from maine

I would like some good info about picking up about 20 new residentials to take up slack during dry spells.We have tried the paper,not much help.Open for any suggestions.<br>Thanks in advance for any help. Nick

2. Greenthumb

Greenthumb Guest

Ive called realitors,flyers,payed kids to go door to door, some of my nicer lawns the owner let me put a sign. hpoe i can help. let know if you got any other ideas

3. Greenthumb

Greenthumb Guest

Ive called realitors,flyers,payed kids to go door to door, some of my nicer lawns the owner let me put a sign. hpoe i can help. let know if you got any other ideas

4. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Drive around your area with flyers, put them only at the places behind in mowing.<p>Post at your Church or a friends Church.

5. northeast

northeast LawnSite Member
    from maine

thanks for the flyer idea!! i am printing up a batch now to distribute tomorrow.Things were great untill the grass stopped growing.now i am finding the once a week jobs becoming more like every10 days,ouch.

6. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Northeast,<br> Be careful adding on because of drought. When the rain comes and the grass grows, will you be able to keep up.<br> Try selling your existing customer base additional services (gutter cleaning, mulching etc). Then sel them on the idea of a year round agreement. Then the money is constant although the work isn't.<br> If you want to add on 20 customers in a short time, concentrate on the areas you are already in. Use your exixting customers as referrals or them an incentive to get some friends or neighbors to sign on.

7. grasscapeinc

grasscapeinc LawnSite Member

getmows got it. <br>Gazillion things you can do with existing customers when grass slows down.. Like installing sprinklers :)<br>

8. bill phagan

bill phagan Guest

Make sure the flyers are not delivered on their garbage day! They will work but door hangers can work better. Suggest you try to &quot;clone&quot; your best customers by putting together a referral program for them. On a two-sided flyer, explain to them you are looking for new customers &quot;just like them&quot; and in lieu of spending big bucks for your advertising, you'd like to pass the savings on to them with referrals. Offer them nothing, offer them 25%, 50, 75 or 100% off their next months bill if you pick up one, two, three new accounts or whatever you want to offer. On the back page, have a place for them to put their referrals by name, address and phone #. YOU do the bookkeeping and credit them ...don't allow them to do it.<br>This really works pretty well....send them e-mail to intro this opportunity, send a flyer in their invoice or do a special mailing....and when you're talking and gaining those new accounts, ask them for referrals as well. Let me know how you do.<p>Bill Phagan<br>Green Ind Consulting, Inc.<br>www.greenindconsulting.com