1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New d-max. People are telling me to put in a chip?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by meets1, Mar 22, 2008.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Should I or not. Only have 1500 miles on it. Some have said for better milage - I don't really know - much less know much about a chip. Does it void warrenty at all? Should I or not?

2. SimonCX

SimonCX LawnSite Senior Member

If you chip it, say goodbye to your warranty.

3. kubotab7200

kubotab7200 LawnSite Member
    from Newkirk

hell if it runs and pulls good i would leave it the way it is, but they sure r fun with a chip the d max is one bad mofo with out one. the ones ive seen with a chip will flat out hual ass. im not sure if it will void warranty or not, u need to consult with ur dealer if ur thinkin about a chip.

4. kubotab7200

kubotab7200 LawnSite Member
    from Newkirk

o it will void the warranty. in that case wait till its up and then chip it

5. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Yes, it will void the warrenty. These new duramaxes have enough power, why chip it? I've done alot of reading on the chips. In the long run, its not good for the engine. I would say leave it, but its your truck.. I will never chip mine.

6. Blueribbonlawns

Blueribbonlawns LawnSite Senior Member

You might get 2mpg better that's it im going to put the cat black system from GM on mine this summer once i get some money and since it's from gm it wont void the warrenty.

7. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Alright then - that was easy. No need for a chip. Rightn ow - pulling has been good but it is also late winter here and haven't pulled anything real heavy or far away yet - but soon spring and summer and fall will be here to enjoy the new found freedoms of the D-max!

8. Blueribbonlawns

Blueribbonlawns LawnSite Senior Member

I did some pullin today! Trailer 3100-Walker 1100-power rake 250-mowers 200-little wonder hpv-150 9 cubic yards of dead grass about 700-1000lbs ect 200=5,600lbs blowin by other lco's priceless!

9. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

I have my 04 F250 chipped and run her hard. And I still have warrentee!! All depends on the dealer. You havent driven a diesel until you've chipped it. And maybe not with a duromax but I get alot better milage gains, more in the 4-6 MPG in the summer.

10. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

My new duramax has 365 hp. i have no intentions of chips or any other upgrades!

Silverado1.jpg