1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New DC extreme mow chine

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TerryT, Nov 16, 2002.

1. TerryT

TerryT LawnSite Member

I hear they are having problems, does anybody know what they are and if they have come up with any solutions. I was planning on getting 2 of the 72" machines?
  2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Terry ,what kind of problems ahve you heard of? I am interested as i am buying wither the XT3000 or a Hustler Super Z next yr,I like the Super Z better,but its engines arent n the same league as the 30 Generac.
  3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

We will have the 27 and 28 EFI Kohlers around springtime.
    The 28 is going to kick some major butt on a Super Z !!!!
    There will be no problems getting parts and service for a Kohler if needed also. We looked at the Generac over a year ago and I am so glad we did not use it.

I have no pricing available yet.

4. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

The problem with the Kohler 28 is its only 725cc,the generac 30 is 990CC,torque difference is huge,I wlil demo both on the Dixie and go from there,from what the dealer says the Generac is way more powerful,than the 28EFI on the Xt3000'a.with 56 ft lbs of torque its easy to see why.I gott abe honest im a sucker for HP,I hate underpowered things.with hills,and belt driven cathers they need hp.If the KOH deleivers,id rather have the Super Z.
  5. Farmboy

Farmboy LawnSite Member

Do a search on the mower there has been alot of talk about problems with that machine!
  6. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

I currently own a Dixie 60" 26EFI. I would highly advice everyone to demo, then go buy somewhere else. I have MAJOR problems with it handling hills, and so far they have no true answer.

Plus I posted on their forum about a buy back program, and they have not even allowed it to be viewed. I wonder why Dixie? Having problems and you dont want others to know about it or me and others with this same problem?????

If Dixie has the BALLS to show this lack of customer service, then I would strongly tell anyone looking to go the other way.

I am in no way trying to slam Dixie, but I own this machine and they cannot step up to the plate and correct my and others problems, then there is your answer to everyone......they obviously dont care for me as a customer after they get my money.
  7. rwleigh

rwleigh Banned

Terry T

The problems that I have heard of have been hydralic failure, starter problems, carberator flooding, ignition trouble and flyweel magnets comming loose.

Also I see that you are in missouri, have you looked at a bladerunner? They have a new one with a 29hp l/q efi kawasaki engine! Relilable power and a very impressive mower. Also I think the hustler with a 28hp efi might be a good one to. If you just have to have a dixie I do now that they too will offer the 28hp efi kohler engine.