New dealers?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by jsaunders, Feb 13, 2004.

1. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

Last fall it was mentioned that there were going to be some new dealers in the new england area- NH/MA. Just wondering what happened and if there are some newer dealers because the closest on is Richy and Clapper in mass which is 1 hr away 1 way. I would love to demo and possibly purchase a hustler or 2 but can't justify buying from a dealer that is that far away. Thanks for your response. Joel

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The distributor is working on several dealers in New England, a lot of them are not going to be on board until the snow starts melting.
    I will find out who is going to be in your area and post when I have a answer.....couple days most likely.

Pj

3. Ursushorribilus

Ursushorribilus LawnSite Member

How about in or around the greater Portsmouth/Dover NH area?

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I will inquire into that area also.

5. jsaunders

Thankyou mowerconsultant. I'm south of keene right on the mass boarder. Can't wait for you to list with the new dealers!!!!!!!! Joel

6. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Add Western PA to your list of sparse coverage.

I attended the PA Turf Council trade show this week in Pittsburgh, with specific goals in mind: Look at all offerings for a 48" walk-behind mower. I've read so much good on lawnsite, so was eager to talk with somebody about Hustler.

Early in the show, I saw one sign in a vendor booth. I skipped, looking for some equipment displays. I never found any. Later, I returned to the booth with the sign, only to find the booth unstaffed. Nobody to even talk with!!! Terrible representation!

Yea, I picked up some literature, but it is the same stuff as last year.

... disappointed, so will not give Hustler any further consideration.

7. gr8pyrs

gr8pyrs LawnSite Member
    from PA

Roger,

Contact Krigger & Co. in Gibsonia.
    Good folks that have serviced the golf course industry for years.
    They are a Hustler dealer and were great to work with.

They arranged a demo unit for me with the help of the local Hustler sales rep.

Send me a private message if you want some further info or opinons on the equipment.

I wound up with a 54" SWB. Great machine.

Russ

8. jsaunders

Still waiting for new dealer info!!!!!! Thanks Joel:D

9. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

E-mail me.
    I have some info on the progress for you.

Pj

10. dem

dem LawnSite Member

I have a dealer near me but all he wants to sell are Deere's. He told me that he has had a lot of warranty problems with Hustler and didn't even want me to demo one.... Still would like to try one but nearest dealer is now 45+ mins away.... :(