New decision to be made!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mcwlandscaping, Nov 16, 2005.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Ok as some of you may know i was going to be getting a redmax eb7001 next tuesday, thats still on but another option has come into play. The stihl br550.

Redmax eb7001:used (but in VERY good condition) , 742cfm, still have a bit more than a year left on the warranty, would buy it from one of the LS members that lives near me, ~$300

Stihl Br550, new, 530cfm, 1 year warranty $400

So, which one would be better based on specs, price and power? Im open to all suggestions, the sooner the better though!! Thanks

Mike

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

This one's a no-brainer and you know it. Let us know how you like your new Redmax.

3. FordManKubotaDreamer

FordManKubotaDreamer LawnSite Member

I just wanted to point something out to you. The redmax cfm is without tubes, the stihl is with tubes. It's a big difference.

4. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Im goin to have to say stihl all the way.......I jst got one and i love it.........im sure you would to

5. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

do you want to be a guineau pig for voodo technology? get the redmax! tried and true 2 cyc technology

6. mcwlandscaping

Thank you for pointing that out!!!! I thought that was WAY too big of a difference but posted what i knew. So, keep the posts comming!!! thanks again

Mike

7. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Love my ebz8000. Lets see some pics of your new redmax ehh :waving:

8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

well see the thread I took pics of a leaf job today, the SECOND series of pics (where it says "LOL but first I had to edge it all out with the backpack"), this was done with the Br550 4-cycler, course most of the rest was done with the pushblower but anyhow:

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=124578

It's not bad, it has nice power at half-throttle, then it boosts another 30 percent or so when going full.
    We don't have redmax here, stihl or echo is the choice... Stihl is made in Germany, Voodoo stems from Haiti...

9. FordManKubotaDreamer

FordManKubotaDreamer LawnSite Member

I'm going to have to say Stihl all the way to. payup payup payup

10. mcwlandscaping

Ok, im leaning towards the redmax due to price and that i being my first backpack. More opinions would be greatly appreciated thought.