1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Deck design for Exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lazer 46, Jul 21, 2005.

1. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

My Exmark dealer told me that the mower deck for the New Lazers next year will have a new design. She doesn't know what the changes will be. Anybody hear anything about this? I am going to buy a new Lazer next spring but I am sceptical of change.
  2. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

3. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

From What I Understand it Will be Similar or Identical to the New Toro Turbo Force Decks...Possibley w/Mulch on Demand Adjustable Baffles.
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Great....nothing like ruining a perfect thing. we'll just have to see when it comes out, but I've always been one to go by the philosophy If it's not broke, don't fix it.
  5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Exmark must combine the ultracut and the try deck to have the best of both worlds.
    I do think you will be happy with the new one.
  6. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

John, have you seen the new deck?
  7. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Oh yeah, I have to see this new combi thing (ultra+trivan). eXmark service in my area is not good at all but the cut is still mesmerizing...too bad.
  8. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

well any deck will be better than the ones on the zhp 44 inch cut. worst cut ever
  9. Gizmo_019

Gizmo_019 LawnSite Member

milo, what's so bad about the 44" decks. I am looking/researching on buying a ZTR at the end of this season or first of next. I cannot have over a 44" cut because it just wouldn't be efficent as I mow 2 cemeteries and it would be just too much weedeating because most stone are 48" apart give or take 2 or 3 inches. What do you not like about your Exmark, they are on my list to go look at and possibly demo.
  10. Quality Cuts PLS

Quality Cuts PLS LawnSite Member

Gizmo, You should still give the eXmark LZHP 44" a try. They are NOT "the worst cut ever". I should know, I use one, (LZHP 44" Kohler 20hp), It actually does better on most of my properties than some of the other eXmark deck sizes I have used over the last 10 years; (36, 48, 52, 60). Milo could have problems due to setup issues, (deck pitch, tire pressure, rpm, blade choice, grass type, conditions, etc.). For my area, I use the mulch kit with solid foil eXmark Excalibur blades, and a 1/4 inch deck pitch. This combo works best for my properties, over other combos I have tried. So don't take everyones opinions as fact. Do your research and make an informed decision for yourself. If you have any questions, or need any more info, PM me.