new deck mini z 52"

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by dlh464935, Aug 13, 2013.

1. dlh464935

dlh464935 LawnSite Member
    from KY

looking for a new deck for a 52" mini z. deck has rusted out at a spindle mount and would like to find a new deck. where would i find one? is there a possibility of adding a larger deck to this machine?
    only around 300 hours on the machine but sat outside for several years. it runs fine and has plenty of power.

Kawasaki 23hp machine with 52" deck

Thanks

2. hustlermidwest

hustlermidwest LawnSite Senior Member

You really don't want mess with changing the deck. Way too much work for what you get. Just not work the headaches.
    If you go to our website on the bottom of the page is the link to manuals. Look up your model # and you'll find the right replacement deck.

Brian O

3. dlh464935

from KY

What are the negatives to putting a new deck underneath it? am i going to have problems finding one or just getting it to match up like the original?

4. hustlermidwest

Modifications to the unit to make it work. Just not worth it.

Brian O

5. dlh464935

from KY

so are you saying finding an exact replacement will not work or just putting a larger deck will not work? i would hate to think this machine is no good because i can't put an exact replacement deck on it. yes i would like to put a larger deck on it but at the least replacing it with an original replacement so the machine is usable would be nice.

6. hustlermidwest

Changing the size of the deck isn't worth the trouble. A replacement deck same as you had is just a bolt on and go. You can find the part number of the deck on our website using the link to the manuals.

Brian O

7. Downunder Bob

Downunder Bob LawnSite Member

I had one set of spindle bolts work themselves loose on my 52 mini.
    By the time I realised, I found they had made some serious cracks in the deck.
    In the pictures you can see I cut out the twin layered deck and replaced that section with a single piece of similar thickness.
    If your deck has 300hrs, even with rust, it should still be worth repairing, especially when you consider the price of a new one.
    My mower had around 450hrs on it at the time. With 650hrs on it now and still going strong.

Attached Files:

8. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Wow mate, nice job!

9. LR3 Guy

LR3 Guy LawnSite Member

How old was your deck when you repaired it ?

Neil :)

10. Dorian Gilbert

Dorian Gilbert LawnSite Member

What type of tool was used to make such a clean cut on deck ?