new deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frontier-Lawn, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

You think you like it based on the info....you should cut with it, it cuts like a dream.

3. heather lawn sp

heather lawn sp LawnSite Senior Member

Mike, what have you tried the new deck on?

4. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

the main reason i like the looks of it is, no need to buy a osdc or whatever its called

5. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I bought both the new regular 7 Iron II deck and recently the 7 Iron II MOD and have used it on mainly fescue but also some Bahia and it does great on both. As a matter of fact I just left the owner of my dealers office and will probably buy two more from him next week on the Green Fleet Plan.

6. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

My only concern is dependability. That's a lot of moving parts down there in a very harsh environment. Time will tell.:)

7. heather lawn sp

heather lawn sp LawnSite Senior Member

I will take a wild guess and assume you are impressed with the 7 iron II MOD

8. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

In the near future I'm going to start demoing some different brands of equipment. I'm interested to see how the 7-Iron II compares to the cut of the Ultracut deck.

9. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

That would be a good comparison. Is that side discharge or mulching ?
    If your mulching compare the ultra cut with the Hustler 66" XR7 it was better than my Ultra Cut for mulching.

The MOD deck on the 757 I demoed in Kentucky Bluegrass, fescue, mix , cut very well but had a tendency to windrow the clippings on the right side. Then the side discharge with those blades was not high lift enough to blow the clippings away. I wonder if I should of had them change blades to a high or medium lift and start over ???? Anyone else notice this?