New Deere 7H19/54 Walkbehind?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by imograss, May 23, 2004.

1. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone here seen or used the new hydro walks by John Deere? I have used Deere w/b's for years and have had very nice results with cut quality, dealer support and maintenance. They offer a nice warranty as well. I can't find much detailed info on the web about the new series though. I see it has the 19 hp engine, 7 Iron deck and a few other features I notice in the pic. I currently run the HD75 54" hydo w/b. Just curioius about the new models. My dealer has quoted me 4995.00 for one.

2. JDeere Fan

JDeere Fan LawnSite Member

I just bought a new 7H17 and should have it this Tuesday. Will let you know how it goes!

3. imograss

I did demo the new Deere w/b. If you do a search you will find it. It has pics and comparisons.

4. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Ok what do you think of the new walkbehinds? I'm looking at the 17 horse with a 48" deck. The Deere dealer here is awesome. Its either a Deere or a Toro.

5. imograss

6. JDeere Fan

JDeere Fan LawnSite Member

Got mine today! (7H 17) Love it so far. I was messing with it in my yard tonight. Pretty cool toy!

7. imograss

I do like the 7 Iron deck, but didn't like the overall design of the mower.

8. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

what do they have for controls? pistol grip?

9. QC Lawn Services

QC Lawn Services LawnSite Member

IMOGRASS, we are looking at a wb Deere mower. We have not demo either the HD series or the 7H17or 19. I have read that the HD series have what is called an "oscillating" deck. Since you have one, could you explain what that is compared to a floating deck?

10. imograss

Greenmonster, the controls are pistol grips and are quite easy to use.

The HD series decks float side to side only, but I have had no scalping issues with it, and it does have adjustable anti scalp wheels on the deck.