new deere bagger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tat900, Dec 27, 2005.

1. tat900

tat900 LawnSite Senior Member

hey deere owners i have heard that deere is making a clamshell type bagger for there ztracs its gonna be in the range of 1800-2000 and it will hold 4 bushels in the hopper

2. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

I heard they were coming out with a new bagging system this spring. Are you sure it is only 4 bushels. That would not take long at all to fill up. Especially with leaves.

3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I think it more like 14 bushels. I heard about it but haven't seen any advertisment for it yet.

4. DeereHauler

DeereHauler LawnSite Senior Member

i also heard about it. but 14 bu. sounds like a lot. the front z's hold 9 bu., and thats a large bagger.

5. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

Great,

I hate bags. I have the three bag unit for my 777 and would love to ditch the thing. I hope that Deere has an option for a pony motor for this new bagging system. The three bag unit is good for grass but come time for leaves the thing is not that great. I am sure that the amount of leaves + the amount of rain we had this fall contributed to the bagger not performing that well for me, but I ended up taking it off for the remainder of clean-up season after it clogged for the 10th time. Anybody in the market for a used Bagger???
    If anybody gets more info on this upgrade please post ASAP.

Jason

6. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Could it be something like this?

hopper.jpg

7. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

hopper up.jpg

8. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

Wow how many bushels does that thing hold. Also wonder how high the dump shell would clear when dumping. Nice idea. Kind of what they have for Walker mowers. Thanks for the pics.

9. jpmako

Lets Hope So!

10. jpmako

The only drawback to that style of bagger is dumping into barrels.
    Most of my properties are dump on site but the other ones I have to remove debris. I usually have about 5 green barrels with me for this reason. It will be interesting to see how this works.

Jason