New Deere in the barn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lee b, Mar 21, 2001.

1. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

I know some of you are going to say I made a mistake, but after demoing both a Lazer and a Deere, I bought a new M665 today. The Deere handled tall, wet grass much better than the Lazer, the standard seat was way better, and the Deere was cheaper. The dealer is 65 miles closer too. Both had the same engine and width of deck. Dealer allowed me almost as much on tractor mower I traded in as I gave for it new over a year ago. This thing is fast {to me anyways} and powerful, and cuts picture perfect. I wish I had bought one much sooner.

2. Hope you enjoy your new toy Lee. It will a lot better than a lawn tractor. I have a JD 318 that I use for aerating and fertilizing only, hardly ever cut with it except to get the Magnolia leaves out from under one customers tree. I use the ZTR for all the serious mowing.

Happy mowing to you. Get ready for some free time or more customers since buying the ZTR, it will save you lots of time.

3. oneEXMARKfan

oneEXMARKfan Banned

Congradulations! I always liked my Deere(s)

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Congrats Lee,

I wonder if they would give me almost what I paid for my JD. I did notice when you keep buying JD's they did give me a good trade in. I guess they should have, I got 4 new ones in 6 years. Good luck with that Green Machine. :)
    Eric

5. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

OK, what was the price , I am also considering buying the gren machine. I think my dealer said somewhere around 8,000.Sound good

6. GREG R

GREG R LawnSite Member

You should be very happy with the
    665. I've been running two of the
    since they came out with them. Haven't
    had any problems with them, and don't
    fore see any either. The price I paid
    here in mid-ohio was $8400.00 for the first
    one and $7995.00 for the second one.
    (different dealers)
    HAPPY MOWING

7. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

I gave $7400.00 and the interest rate was pretty good at 9.9%. Dealer allowed $3000.00 on a LX 277 I bought 14 months ago for $3600.00. Dealer said Deere/Dane ztr will be out late next year. I've bought lots of equipment from this dealer, which helped on the price.

[Edited by lee blount on 03-21-2001 at 11:13 PM]

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Whats the blade tip speed?

9. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

Blade tip speed is 17200, thats a little slow compared to other ztr's. I tried and tried to bog it down, but it can handle alot of grass and gives a really nice cut. Never did load it enough to open up the governors. Time will tell, but for now I'm tickled pink with it.

10. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I asked the jd people at 2 different dealerships and nobody could tell me the speed. Glad you could. I guess the end users are always more knowledgable than the service people. Good luck with your new toy. It is nice to be able to whiz around on a z.