New Deere X744 Pics

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by POPO4995, Oct 15, 2010.

1. scagrider22

scagrider22 LawnSite Bronze Member

I promise you my Lazer will hold any hill better than a garden tractor, its nice for a home owner but I would never want to use it for a lawn business. And the attachments are to slow and to small for landscaping.
  2. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

That deck looks kinda cheap/flimsy. Looks like it could bend easy from employees hitting stuff on the trim side.
  3. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I'd rather have a Steiner or Ventrac for attachments on a small tractor.

Looks like a good machine though, I'm sure it has its place.
  4. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

There is no way. Come on over and I will prove it to you. And btw, the attachments arent too slow and small. Snowblowers, brooms, baggers, dethatchers, front blades, rear blades, mid mount blades, etc.
  5. scagrider22

scagrider22 LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont need to come over my dad has a john deere garden tractor and no its not from home depot. Garden tractors suck for landscaping and lawn care, they have there place and that is for a home owner. Have you ever used a good zero turn? Your deere will not go across a hill like a z will. And yes the attachment are too small and slow, even the attachments for big farm tractors are slow.
  6. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

You need to venture outside the box and you would realize there place in teh industry. Look at my signature. I have z's, they wont match one of these on a hill, period.

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

i still think they suck.
  8. LawnCareNoobie

LawnCareNoobie LawnSite Senior Member

Have you used a Ventrac before?

They're not that all impressive imo. For the money I'd rather just have JD or Kubota compact tractor.

The attachments are handy on the Ventrac, quick to switch out, but they always had a lot of down time. Always a blown hydraulic line or something on an attachment cracked and needed to be re-welded.
  9. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I can see exactly how this can be very useful. Put a snow blower on it in the winter and you have the perfect machine to do smaller residential driveways and sidewalks at commercial sites. Put a loader on it and it becomes a great tool to spread mulch/soil. The rotary broom would be great for hard surface clean-up or even cleaning debris out of the lawn in the spring.

Lots of stuff you can do with this machine.