new deere z-trak

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by valleylawn79, Apr 23, 2006.

1. valleylawn79

valleylawn79 LawnSite Member

has anyone tried/demoed the newer z-traks since the blade speed speed was supposedly increased, dealers atre saying they bumped up their blade speed by 2000 fps or more. whats the real deal?

2. slebeau20

slebeau20 LawnSite Member
    from USA

I've tested the new mower and it is a huge difference. The 7 iron deck had a nice cut but this new 7 iron 2 is great.

3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I just bought another JD with the 7 Iron II deck and yes there is a real difference. You can actually here the difference when you engage the pto. I'm running a mulch kit on this machine with the & Iron II deck and it works wonderful. BTW its a 647 quick trak.

4. southernlandscapespecial

southernlandscapespecial LawnSite Member

I recently switched from the old 7 iron to a 7 iron 2 deck and you really can tell the difference

5. Rougher83

Rougher83 LawnSite Member

Took the new 757 out last week. Equipped with 25HP Kawasaki, 60" 7 Iron II deck with Mulch on Demand (MOD). I have to admit...I was a little bit skeptical of the MOD...but after 2 years of testing I believe they have most of the kinks worked out of this feature. I was very pleased with the performance...power and especially the clean cut. I have been using a 647 for the last 2 years and have been impressed with the cut of the 7 Iron...but the 7 Iron II is even better.

6. southernlandscapespecial

southernlandscapespecial LawnSite Member

I came so close to buying my new 757 with the mulch on demand option, but chickened out at the last minute...now I am regretting it.

7. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

what are you guys noticing that is better about the new deck?

8. joeg2246

joeg2246 LawnSite Member

What is the price range on a 757 54" 7 Iron II with Mulch On Demand?

9. DLCS

The mulch on demand only comes in the 60" 7 iron decks right now. 757 with a 60" 7 iron II lists for $11450. But I'm sure you can get one for around $9000, form a good dealer. BTW, don't get a 54" deck on your 757, not enough trim side, you'll be happier with a 60" deck. I have 60" decks on all my 757s.

10. DLCS

Higher blade tip speed, better for using a mulch kit. My regular 7 Irons cut just fine but I like the higher blade tip speed for mulching.