New design, how about a discussion?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Nottheyardagain, Aug 6, 2010.

1. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Nothing special about the design, should be simple to install.
    I do not work with poly pipe though, some like it but I do not especially in my area of operations.
    Regarding the RB spec'd components, I don't work with them either just Hunter and occasionally valve in hear Toro 600 series for some of the larger installs.
    If I were you, take the design to your nearest irrigation supply house and convert the components to heavier grade rather than using the box store crap.
    Remember, while the installation is important the system will require servicing so up-grade to better components. The trade off in money is well worth the increased durability.
    Regarding your original post and subsequent comment concerning sarcasm - since I don't know you I could really give a crap.
    And No, that isn't sarcasm - that is reality.

2. 5.0

5.0 LawnSite Member

So much fail in one thread.

To the OP (Chris Blanchard 820 West Summit St.), you even fail at blocking out your personal info on the "custom" design

3. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Which west coast you talkin' about ?

No DCVAs allowed here at all... only RPZs on commercial jobs.

AVBs, A/S valves, PVBs are all still allowed though. Go figure.

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Toxic-rated protection, so what's to figure?

5. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

Below ground DCV's are the norm around here. RP required if there is an OSSF or other high hazard situation.

6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

That difference in regs is odd, indeed. :dizzy: No A/S or AVBs are allowed here, I'm not even sure they permit PVBs anymore.

7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I stopped caring about this thread two weeks ago. :sleeping:

8. Dripit good

Dripit good LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice landscape design. :laughing:

No sleeving under your concrete? :hammerhead:

9. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah... no double checks for us. The only thing you can use a double check for is a fire sprinkler system. And no below grade installation of DCVAs or RPZs either. Everything must be above grade (mainly so that the tweakers can steal them and sell the brass for drug money)! Everything else has to be an RP device.... (or an ASV, AVB or PVB for small and residential jobs).