New Diesel programmers & DPF cycle

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by nosparkplugs, Aug 3, 2008.

1. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

I knew it was only going to be a matter of time before the dieselpower aftermarket bunch came out with the latest diesel programmers. With a new intake, aftermarket DPF exhaust to reduce exhaust gas temperature during the DPF regeneration cycle's the Dyno numbers & MPG are getting better.
    Their are programmers currently available for the new Cummins, Duramax, and Powerstroke. With the programmer installed you have the ability to stop or control the DPF regeneration cycle's, and their is a DPF delete mode:clapping:.

While a DPF delete is not recommended for warranty purpose's many hard core dieselpower enthusist are takeing advantage of the current line of diesel programmers & DPF delete kits; which have the ability to increase MPG, and control DPF regeneration cycles, and delete the DPF if your State is not testing for diesel emissions.

2. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

That they are! Alot of people doin this are seeing 5+ mpg gain on their trucks! I hate these DPF's and believe they should be removed!

3. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

thank goodness they came out with somethin. except you can't do this on the new 09 duramax's because gm can track through the computer to see if u had modified the engine at all if you were doin a warranty claim and returned your truck to stock for the warranty. they can catch you now,

4. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

Thats all 3. not just d-maxs. And when people do this, they are warned that their warrantys are gone.

5. PhillipsBrosLawnCare

PhillipsBrosLawnCare LawnSite Member

Ha. This is a hot topic on many of the diesel forums. I've got an 07 dodge with the new 6.7 engine. I took off the dpf and the egr systems. She runs like a top now. 21 mpg easy. Never had it on the highway much. Mpg doesn't change with mowers behind much - but i can see it with the boat back there. But she still gets 17-18 there.

6. DBFlawn

DBFlawn LawnSite Member

Does taking off the Dpf or the egr hurt the engine in any way or void your warrenty?

thanks

7. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

read my post... No harm to the engine, No warranty left

8. DBFlawn

DBFlawn LawnSite Member

Sorry about that I read that too. Just wasn't thinking. Also could anyone tell me how to do this and what if you take it off and put it back on when and if you take it to the dealer?

sorry again.

9. PhillipsBrosLawnCare

PhillipsBrosLawnCare LawnSite Member

I'm new to this forum - but I am an active member of the cumminsforum. You can take off the dpf and egr. Without too much difficulty. And those trucks will run alot better. My epa exhaust is sitting in the barn and i'm running around with 20+ mpg now.

10. mybowtie

mybowtie LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Dont know what truck you have, but the 07.5 and up d-max's wnty will be void if u remove the dpf...returning it to stock wont help...the dealer can tell if you have had a programer. They can also tell how many regens you had.
    If you take it in for service and had no regens, your gonna pay the bill, not GM...........Want to play....gotta pay...........:usflag: