New Diesel ??

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Synergy Ground, May 3, 2008.

1. Synergy Ground

Synergy Ground LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

Not knocking Hustler, as I own a 2007 SZ60", but i'm just wondering where the new diesel is made? I'm willing to bet it's not in the USA, nor is my Kawi. How much effort if any did Hustler put into finding or building am American Made engine? What % of all Hustler Mowers are made here in the States? It's time we start asking these questions, as our economy is in the dump, and all we seem to be concerned with is convenience, and saving a dollar. All good and we'll, but what are our kids going to do with this mess we have created?

Thanks,

T. Douglas

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The new Hustler Z Diesel is a Shibaura diesel made in Japan.
    How many of these mowers diesel engines are actually "made" in the USA?, I am not aware of any.
    As far as Hustlers being made, we manufacture every single one of our mowers in our Hesston Kansas factory.

Pj

3. Synergy Ground

Synergy Ground LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

Thanks for your reply. I understand the Manufactured in the USA thing. John Deere is also manufactured in the States, however 99% of it's parts are produced in Japan & China. That's what I was getting around to. I could order a B.M.W. in parts, have it shipped to my house, and assemble it. Would i then have a Made in the USA B.M.W. ? I don't think so. As I stated in my first post, I'm not knocking Hustler, I own one, their great machines. But in today's economy, I'd love to see this country get back to it's blue collar roots, and start producing products here in the USA. We can do it better, quicker and cheaper. Do to circumstances beyond one man's control, it appears we are not going to try and fix this until it's too late.
    Again, Thank you for your response. :usflag:

T. Douglas

4. gps_jetskier

gps_jetskier LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe we should start knocking off their items for a change. Who want's to start up a small diesel company with me?

5. MOHUSTLER

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

The Kawasaki engines are made just 30 miles north of my shop, and I worked at the factory for 6 months right out of highschool. They are foreign owned and made here in the USA. The mower engiens and ATV engines are made in Maryville, MO and the atvs are assembled in Nebraska. They pay verry well also and offer full bennifits.
    And as for kawasaki doing a part for the ecnomy, The town of Maryville is about 10,000 people and the plant its self emoplyes over 3,000 people. They do a huge part for the ecnomy in our area.
    The Hydro Gear and White products as well as the Michigan seats and Kohler engines are also made in the USA.
    More then the majority of parts on our mowers are assembled and put jobs right here in the United States. :usflag:

6. blackandgold

blackandgold LawnSite Senior Member

Kawasaki engines are manufactured in Maryville, Missouri.
    Honda engines are made in either Taiwan or Japan, depending on the series of engines. Kohler engines are built in Wisconsin.

7. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

All good input.
    We feel with our partnership with Shibaura we are bringing the absolute best diesel engine technology and quality to our current line of products.
    This along with the new products we are developing with Shibaura we feel we are going to bring you the customer the best product we can.

Pj

8. blackandgold

blackandgold LawnSite Senior Member

In todays global economy manufacturers must be be competitive in every level. Nobody said business was easy.

9. Imow4u2

Imow4u2 LawnSite Senior Member

I support all the above, Would just like a little more torque and h.p. from the diesel.. It just seems Hard to Justify the xtra cost on a 66 or 72 cut for avg. perf. The 25/49 torque should be a good match for the 60 cut, Very competitive with toro's little Kubota..

10. gps_jetskier

gps_jetskier LawnSite Senior Member

I think we've missed Synergy Ground's point. The point was this:

Why can't we be the first?