New Direction...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hustler king, May 23, 2013.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Insurance is one thing. 3 kids are another. Your business is your business. Busting azz at night, weekends, don't matter at this point. Once again it's your business. I suggest attend to it. It's your gain or a substantial lost. Step outside the box, the comfort zone and take off with YOUR business.

2. Tom-N-Texas

Tom-N-Texas LawnSite Senior Member

you have to remember that nobody is perfect. Your current lead guy sounds like he's doing pretty well -- not perfect, but so what....to me it sounds like you need someone in addition to him, not a replacement for him. Replacing him may send him packing unless you keep him happy money-wise and spin it as if he's actually getting promoted in some way....

And I think you are underestimating just how hard it will be to hire a new person who can just waltz in and take over. There is so much to learn with any new company...I would think with a business your size that it would take months -- IF -- you can find the right person at all. And let's face it, finding someone who's honest, a super-hard worker, someone who has experience -- someone who is intelligent, loyal, responsible, has a vehicle, can get to work every day -- someone who will work for the money you offer and do the job you want done is going to be a monumental task.....and will probably take a stroke of luck.