New Dodge Dovetail!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Accu-cut Lawn Care, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm in the preliminary stages of designing and building my new lawn truck. I look forward to insight and ideas that you might have.

Here's what I have so far.

2008 Hemi Dodge Quadcab 1500 swb... With dubs. That's the platform.

I'm building a dovetail flatbed with a gate... all aluminum.
    Instead of using expanded material solely for the bed, I'm going to first skin it with 14 gauge aluminum sheet to keep the elements off the rear drivetrain... Then cover it with expanded aluminum for strength and traction.

I plan on using dually width single wheels on the back with an offset that gives me about 6 extra inches of width on each side. This is going to be expensive... And I'd appreciate some insight on the most cost effective and nice way to do this conversion.

Instead of just going with a plain jane bed, I plan on integrating the existing bedsides into the side of the work bed. These bedsides will hinge out from the top to expose many cubic feet of tool and gastank bin area. This is going to be a nice feature. The side profile will look stock(Aside from the really wide bad arse alcoa single duals!) and of course the gate sticking out of the back.

If you had a dream hotrod-mowing truck to build... What else would you add?

Also, This setup will be racked for a 60" ztr, 2 blowers, 3 handhelds, etc... Just a mountain-city mow rig... Accu-cut style!

2. Lakewlc

Lakewlc LawnSite Bronze Member

pics?????????

3. hondarancher4435

hondarancher4435 LawnSite Senior Member

I would lose the besides it will just be a hassle and make you lose alot of space but whatever suits your needs

4. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

whats that bed going to cost?

5. Accu-cut Lawn Care

I've already made 1 dodge 1500 into a ztr hauler. No pics yet on the new project. I haven't even started. Just a winter time, make a truck badass kind of thing.

6. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Probably 200 hours of my time.
    1500 worth of aluminum and bracketry
    2000 on the wheel and tire conversion
    1500 on electronics and lights, backup camera, air compressor

7. Accu-cut Lawn Care

No space will be lost. The bedsides will merely skin the side of the bed and act as a door for tool storage.

8. Accu-cut Lawn Care

9. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I was about to say, Havent you already done this? Ha!

10. XLS

XLS LawnSite Silver Member

what did the truck look like loaded and working got pics????