New Dodge Dovetail!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Accu-cut Lawn Care, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I promise pics tomorrow.

2. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

Well tomorrow is here, where are the pics!?!?!:laugh: You are becoming quite the custom mowing truck designer!

3. GraZHopA

GraZHopA LawnSite Senior Member

Post lots of before, during and after pics so we can watch the progress.

4. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Tomorrow. Ha. I have loaded pics but can't find the cable for my borrowed camera!

I'll get the cable and post pics post haste.

And the build will definitely be documented. I missed the boat on that one last time around. I'm bad about that. I recently bobtailed my Nissan offroad truck as well as fabricating a whole new front end for it and didn't snap a single before or during pic!

5. XLS

XLS LawnSite Silver Member

We are in the process of the same kind of conversion on a 1500 chevy v6 and then we will do it to a chevy v-8 and we also are dovetailing an older box van we got pics and will do daily pics of progress . i wantd to see a truck setup like this with a big Z on it to make sure we have the length right.

when you pull your z on the truck where does the wheels set in relation to the floor , or dove tail this would help alot .

6. XLS

XLS LawnSite Silver Member

what is the hight of your gate ?
    what is the length of your dovetail and the drop of it ?
    help me get it right the first time please

7. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Where can you wheel these days in Tennessee, now that Tellico closed? I'd love to see the nissan, I got a toyota thats about to get a solid axle swap.

8. Accu-cut Lawn Care

No need for me to go to tellico. Suck Creek Mountain has a lot of spots. Prentice Cooper is good for easy riding and Big Fork offers some pretty crazy stuff. Soddy Mountain is also nice... Window Rock, Pardise, etc. I don't have to go far.

9. Accu-cut Lawn Care

I'll get some measurements today. I will say that the gate is 9 feet. And the back tire of the ztr sits about 6 inches the start of the dovetail drop. I have a million pics. My card reader on my printer won't read the card... I have to go to my friends house to down load them. I'll try my best to do it today.

10. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Here are some poor pictures of the ole Dodge. I'm getting my camera situated soon. Better pics to come.

Accucut_0067.JPG

Accucut_0068.JPG

Accucut_0070.JPG

Accucut_0069.JPG

Accucut_0071.JPG