New Dodge Dovetail!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Accu-cut Lawn Care, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

here are some poor pics of my Nissan project. New tires, wheels, and paint to come.

Accucut_0072.JPG

Accucut_0073.JPG

Accucut_0074.JPG

2. ZTR_Diesel

ZTR_Diesel LawnSite Senior Member

Interesting project.

Especially if you don't like backing up with a trailer.

3. Accu-cut Lawn Care

I took about 20 inches out of the frame and body of that nissan. The brushguard looks a bit whacked... But, it's not as bad as what it looks like in that picture. That happened while I was doing a side pull on a jeep(heep)! A little heat and my trusty monkey wrench will straighten that out before paint!

4. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Backing up with a trailer is not a concern of mine. The truck really excells at commercial accounts where parking is not great. I can work out of a single space. It's also great for very winding roads. An 18 ft trailer CAN be taken up the W road in Chattanooga... But, one slip up or if there is traffic and your rig turns into a roadblock! 16 mpg when fully loaded vs 10 with a trailer is also a big plus. My route tips the scale at 400+ miles per week.

5. XLS

XLS LawnSite Silver Member

Your setup is almost the same when loaded as what mine is going to be. I measured mine and it turned out at 7' then the dove tail is 48" but your is a nicer setup over all due to mine just being made off a regular trailer frame setup

6. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Let me build it for you. Winter means slow time for me... I'd be happy to do something for you. When it comes to the build quality, the dodge is my first venture into this. The 2nd and third time around will have a much more "finished" look.

7. XLS

XLS LawnSite Silver Member

well i have other trucks in the line up as well to convert so it is possible to have you do it . you understand i am going for the standard lawncare dovetail body like on most cab overs if this is something you can complete e-mail me at extremelawns1@aol.com to qoute a spec sheet and some ideas on price i just need a standard single solid gate for most of my guys in the field.

8. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

You gonna put another system in the new Dodge? You had what JL W3's in the last truck?

9. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

How much is one of those beds running. I would love to see about one for a 03 gmc 2500HD. its a short bed and would need to hold one 60 in with hand tools, just like your dodge.

10. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Yeah. I already have the front components out of the old dodge... they are going in the new one. If whoever buys old dodge decides to not take the system, I'll just slap them in the new one. But, one way or another, it will also have some bump!