1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Dodge

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Foz, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Foz

Foz LawnSite Member

Looking to purchase a new 08 Dodge this week, any info from members with the new 6.7 Cummins would be helpful. Picked out an 08 Quad Cab, 4 x 4, Diesel, Auto, 3500 dually in Patriot Blue.

Just getting started back up after selling business in NY, now in VA.
  2. Nozzleman

Nozzleman LawnSite Member

For a ton of info go over to www.turbodieselregister.com and check out the 6.7 forum. I do have one question though. Would it be better to look at a 3500/4500/5500 chassis cab and put a landscaper dump on it? You can get the chassis cab's in a quad cab configuration.
  3. Foz

Foz LawnSite Member

I am also thinking about a dump trailer as I will need to use the truck for family as well
  4. L&L

L&L LawnSite Member
    from Utah

I bought a new 6.7 about 4 months ago. I have really liked it. The 6 spd auto and the exhaust brake is awesome! The early 6.7 (the 07's) and a few small issues but most of them were repaired with a simple flash. The new 6.7 does not get as good as mpg as the 5.9. I am seeing 14 ish around town and up to 19.7 on the highway unloaded. If you are looking to mod your truck then you might want to get a 5.9 because the aftermarket has not caught up with the 6.7 yet.
  5. Foz

Foz LawnSite Member

L & L,
    Thanks for the input. I am planning to leave the truck stock. Looking at a dually with 4.10 gears so 14/18 would make me happy. I would be thrilled to be near 20 mpg hwy with that size truck.
  6. covalawn

covalawn LawnSite Member

I have a 2500HD MEGA Cab. It's is huge and worth the extra money. Plenty of room for anyone or anything that rides in there! I get about 11MPG while towing my 7'X16' enclosed trailer. When I'm not towing anything I get about 14-16 city and 19-21 highway. I picked mine up in June. My check engine light kept coming on but I am pretty sure that it has to do with the new exhaust system and not really a big deal. I have taken it back to them and haven't had a problem since they replaced the recall part.
  7. qualitylawnpro

qualitylawnpro LawnSite Senior Member

i have a 07 stick what kind of problems were they having?
  8. L&L

L&L LawnSite Member
    from Utah

From what I have read most of the problems were CEL's and a few turbo's But the flashes have been taking care of the problems.
  9. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

W/ 4:10s and a dually I wouldn't expect more than 12mpg highway or around town.
  10. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

yeh 4.10s kill the cummins mileage. i know from experience. my 2500 wouldnt get any more than 14 or 15 hwy. i woulda never bought the truck if i knew it had those gears. i read the window sticker and it didnt have any info on the gears. and it was a 2500, they dont come with 4.10's! but of course the one i picked did! just stupid.