1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green King, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone played with one of these yet? I got to try one for a day and I have decided to pick up a couple of them. 25cc 8lbs. and $269 each. I quess I will find out just how durable it is compared to Shindaiwa and Redmax.
  2. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought Dolmar only made chain saws??? I searched the net and found a few Dolmar trimmer pics and they look very similar to Makita's gas powered trimmers. Who makes those Dolmars???? I have a local dealer that sells Dolmar, but he only sells saws. I also have a dealer that sells Makita's gas powered handheld line. I think they would be tough to sell, as they don't have the name recognition that Redmax, Echo and Stihl do.
  3. Green King

I was told by my dealer that they are made by robin which he sells as well. He also sells redmax and others. However he seemed pretty impressed with the new dolmar and so I thought I would give them a try! I like them so far very GOOD power for the weight!
  4. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

I hope the trimmers are better than the saws. I had a Dolmar chain saw that was okay when it started. It went downhill from there. Parts were impossible to get. I waited one week to get an air filter. I hope this was a dealer problem. This was my first chain saw so I didn't know any better. I sold it and bought a Stihl. Good luck and keep us informed. Matt
  5. skmodmsl

skmodmsl LawnSite Member

My Father has a Dolmar cut-off saw. He is a mason and uses it daily. This saw has performed above and beyond the call of duty !

Dad is tough on equipment ! ( not to mention employees) This saw has been thrown many times. It has lasted longer than any other saw he has used.
  6. GrassBlaster

GrassBlaster LawnSite Member

The dohlmar trimmer is a robin / makita. They have carb issues, but they are extremely light. Work fine for a homeowner, but not so good for heavy usage
  7. Leisure Lawn

Leisure Lawn LawnSite Member

Good luck getting parts......
  8. Green King

I do not think parts will be an issue with this dealer. He is one of the largest dolmar chainsaw dealers in the area. Also I was told that dolmar won the world championship in chainsaws. I do not know if that is true or not but a lot of the commercial tree trimmers and loggers in this area are using them and no one seems to complain about the quality!

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought me a couple of these things last week I am very pleased so far. I wished they had a little more power, but they seem to be getting stronger the more they are run!
  10. Sho-Me Lawn Care

Sho-Me Lawn Care LawnSite Member

wrebel did you buy at Gary's?