New Door hanger

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by dchauling, Jan 12, 2007.

1. dchauling

dchauling LawnSite Member

How is this for a Door hanger?

Attached Files:

2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

You can do better. I would get rid of the assessment part....it almost sounds like you are telling someone, "You don't have the skills, physical ability, or anything else required to do what you want done".

I have to say keep trying. Sorry, but that is my opinion.

3. dchauling

Thanks for the comments, waiting for more to help me improve. Don't be sorry.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Also, reorganize the order of your operations so that there is a fluid motion in there. It's all over the place. For instance, your stump grinding should be right under your tree trimming and removal...and your "Year round yard care" should be right above your mowing, which then should be followed by your flower beds. This way, you have smoother transition. there is much to do with the other operations (hardscape stuff) as well.

5. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

I was thinking the same thing, people won't like the suggestion that they can't do their own projects because they are too weak, too stupid, too lazy and don't have nice enough tools. Many men associate the tool collection with their masculinity.

6. dchauling

Here is a try with changes.

Attached Files:

7. Grits

from Florida

That's a lot better. Need to center the company name on the front. Are you going to have this printed up in black and white? Just curious, because the back ground pics are not that great. Maybe think about going with color if your budget allows. But you improved the wording tremendously. It's gettin' there!

8. dchauling

I reworded the back, changed the background. I am getting this printed, and the company uses Mac. The font may change a little.

Attached Files:

9. Grits

from Florida

Getting better all the time!!!! Make your name stand out more. Better background pics but the grass pic seems a little blurry.

10. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

Hey since you're from Winnipeg I'll give you some good advice because it sounds like you are designing your own flyer and I do that also.

Buy a book call the Non-designer's design book by Robin Williams. It's at chapter's for $31. Read the book and copy what she does because your design is awful (no offense)

also you can check this site out. http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/kuraoka/flyer.htm

and lastly, B&W printing here is cheap but colour skyrockets. I remember I got a quote for 5000 full colour flyers, printed only on one side (2 to a page) for $800. But black and white was $450 for 10,000 printed on both sides.

It's too bad you're using Word to design a flyer... and seriously get that book or go leaf through it at the very least. Those flyers are very bad.