New Doubles Info. from Exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by germann, Mar 14, 2003.

1. germann

germann LawnSite Senior Member

Talked to an Exmark rep about doubles yesterday. He told me something about doubles I have never found on this site in all my searches.......To put doubles on a turf tracer (floating deck) you must replace the spindles with a different kind. The reason is turf tracer spindles have no washers to remove to raise the height of the blades in the housing. Put on a "shorter" spindle with washers that can be removed or added. Anybody with a TT replaced their spindles to put doubles on? I was ready to try it, not sure any more.:dizzy:

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Not spindles, bolt. You need a longer bolt.

3. germann

The rep told me you need a shorter spindle so the blades are not lower than the deck level. There are no spacers to remove.

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I've never heard that. Although, yes it will be a little lower than the baffles. You will get more blowout during leaf season, but you should be ok for grass. I will say this, usually eXmark mowers are better with singles. Most people here that have tried both usually stick with singles on eXmarks. They cut great without them.

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Turf Tracers NOT HP's Have the Ultracut deck Like Lazers do. When You Put doubles On Them You do Get Blow Out But in thick Bluegrass type Lawns when wet You don't see any Blow out Do to the Height Of the lawn. But Like Hoss said In leaf season You will Notice It alot. I Will never Go On a Cool Season Lawn In Spring without Doubles On a Exmark, It Just work's Perfect Great Combo!!!

But I Would Like to see something Being Done about the Blades totally Under The deck Like You are talking about. Maybe Even a DEEPER DECK.
    John.

lazer&tracer resized.jpg

6. germann

John-My TT is an HP. What difference does this make?
    thanks

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

You Have a Tryvantage Deck Witch Is 5" Deep. Until 2002 The TT's Had The try deck. Oh The Ultracut deck Is Five And a Half Inches Deep.
    John.
    Oh I Think You Can't Put TT Spindles On A TTHP Mower And the Other way around.