1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Dump Trailer

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Dstosh, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

Picked it up yesterday from a friend of mine. 12 ft., 6,000 lbs. axles, scissor lift, 2 way gate. Didn't get to use it yet but i can't wait. Sure is going to make life easier. O yea it came with a roll on tarp too, i might put that on tomorrow. Enjoy

dump trailer 001.jpg

dump trailer 002.jpg

dump trailer 004.jpg

dump trailer 003.jpg
  2. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Looks good, but watch the fenders when you have a big load to dump. The fender that comes down in the back has a habit of getting stuck on the tires and you can't get it back down.I ended up cutting that little fin part off.
  3. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats a nice looking trailer ya got. Ive been shopping for a dump trailer also and have been really impressed with hawke trailers. I like those fenders, so many mfg's use thin steel. The fenders get used all the time on dump trailers.
  4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Why does it look like it sits so high? Are they made in different styles or something? The ones ive seen sit a lot lower......nice trailer none the less
  5. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

Nice trailer Derek.:waving:
  6. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

Good luck with it,how many yards of soil or mulch can you put on it?How much is a traile rlike that?
  7. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

looks nice and rugged.
  8. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

Ohhh:cry: no fair that is what I want. Looks sweet. Again price and also how much mulch. Like 5-7 yd. I think right??
  9. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for all the positive comments. We have been looking at trailers for the last 6 months or so, I borrowed a trailer like this on tuesday and got this one the next day. You could probably get a new one for the price but It is basically new. The inside is the only thing that is scratched. It was nice that this deal was in our own backyard, not out of state. Im not sure on how much she will hold, just got it yesterday. I havent even registered it yet. Hopefully the weather will turn soon.