1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Dump Trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by The Good Earth, Mar 20, 2003.

1. The Good Earth

The Good Earth LawnSite Member

OK, kids, I am in a bind and need some info!! I was all set to mount a new hoist on my stakebed to convert it to a dump. Still going on with that plan but got pinched on a job that a thought I had a couple of weeks to get done and has to be done by Tuesday.

Tomorrow I am going to purchase a 14', 14,000 GVW dump trailer. Looking at a Bri-Mar low profile HD. Anybody have any idea on the going prices on these? My mind tells me a ballpark of $6,500.00 but I haven't had time to research them. I'm going with the Bri-Mar 'cause the dealer is close and I know they build a quality trailer. Just don't know how much I have to give for the quality!! :D

Any and all replies are appreciated!!
  2. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

I would have to say that your in the ball park maybe a bit low for a 14K lb gvw also depends on options like barn doors side hieght and so on.To give you an example a felling 6x10 at10Klb gvw is around $5400 and the longer and more gvw you want up goes the price so your there have not priced brimar lately.
  3. menchhofer

menchhofer LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Just purchased EZ Dumper low profile, 6' 8" x 12 12,000 cap
  4. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got an 8' x 12' 10,000 Bri-Mar low pro dual cylinder dump with barn doors and ramps. I paid $5700 for it. Your deal sounds good. I wish I would have gone with heavier model like the 14,000 instead of the ten. Awesome trailers, I love mine.
  5. menchhofer

menchhofer LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Just saw this ad in Trader in Indpls area 2002 10 ft dump trailer, 10,000lb capacity 4,000 dollars 317 867 1740 Worth a try.......
  6. The Good Earth

The Good Earth LawnSite Member

I picked it up today.

I got a Bri-Mar 6'x12' 12,000 gvw. They didn't have a 14' in stock. I was bummed about that but I'll survive. I got it for $5,899 out the door. All things being equal I feel like I did all right.

Thanks for the input, folks! It is appreciated.
  7. wxmn6

wxmn6 LawnSite Member

Good luck on your new dump trailer everyone. I am looking into buying one too. I am thinking about 6'x10' #7000 dump trailer but not sure if it is worth going with 26" side instead of 16" side. It would be extra $250 for 26" side instead of 16". I don't think you can fill up top soil or gravel up to the top of 16" side. But can you fill mulch up to the top of 26" side on #7000 unit? I will be building a plywood wall for towing leaves but I don't want to put it up every time I need to tow mulch or brush. So I guess I should go with 26" wall?
  8. CT18fireman

CT18fireman LawnSite Senior Member

Leaves are light. I would think ytou will want very tall sides for running leaves. On a dump truck I builf boxes 8ft tall sometimes. For mulch you may want even more then 26". I would get the short one and see if they can add stake pockets. Then build a set of sides to bring the height to 3-4 ft as well as taller ones or a leaf box for leaves. This will give you the diversity to use the trailer in any way you wish. Just slip the right sides into the pockets.
  9. Don't :cry: !!!

Loadtrails here $3750 + tax n title.

6.5' X 12.5' 12,000 rating due to coupler.

2-9k axels.

24" sides with stake pockets.
  10. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

Just picked up a cam dump trialer 6x12 gvw is 11,960 with 20" sides bobcat ramps d-rings ,stake pockets ,barn doors for $5,049.