new dump truck!!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by pvlandscaping, Aug 25, 2010.

1. pvlandscaping

pvlandscaping LawnSite Member

ive been looking around lately for a dump truck but never found anything in my price range or anything i wanted until i found this.

1997 Chevrolet Cheyenne 3500
    6.5 turbo diesel
    105 000km
    A/C
    11ft MG dump box
    8foot fisher MM1 with back drag and wings
    dual fuel tanks
    dual tool boxes
    trailer hitch

-hasn't pushed snow since 1999
    -all work has been done at dealer

he was asking 18k last yr, this year brought it to 15k negotiable. i made him an offer of 12k for it. he seems almost convinced, just waiting for his phone call.

what do u guys think?

just thought i would ask, since ive been looking, ive seen many with 16inch and 19.5inch rims. whats the reason behind that? if any at all..

rob.jpg

2. RLS24

RLS24 LawnSite Bronze Member

I think 12k is way too much. I bought my 3500 Diesel with just a little more mileage for 1/4 of that (with a plow). Granted its just a single rear wheel pickup, but I wouldnt pay more than like 7 or 8 grand for it.

3. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

yea seems alittle high

4. pvlandscaping

im guessing maybe the value is different across the border. ive been looking around and all i seem to find are 93-98 chevy 3500 or 3500hd with no plow, non 4x4, diesel, with 150 000km-300 000km on them with an 8 foot box going for 8-14k. thats why i jumped on this one because the cab is mint, the box has its normal wear on it, and it has almost no kilometers

5. J&A Lawn Care

J&A Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I say bad choice simply cause the 6.5 motor is known for not lasting to long

6. pvlandscaping

everyone i know with the 6.5 is close to 300 000km n still strong so i dunno where u heard that from

7. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Something seems off about that truck....and 12k is crazy IMO, just by looking at it.

8. pvlandscaping

what seems off? the truck is in 100% mechanical shape. the body has its normal wear but no rust anywhere on the truck.i forgot to add that the dump body is aluminum.

9. J&A Lawn Care

J&A Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I worked in a fleet of 100 or more and have had 2 friends that have owned them that did not make it to 175k before they were junkyard bound.Sounds like you have made your mind up so go for it but honestly the truck is WAY overpriced and have the 1 of the worst diesels in it that was made!!

10. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

Looks like a nice truck at a good price. I don't think that the other people who posted in this thread understand that 105,000km is 65,000 miles, or that vehicle prices are crazy in Canada, or that it has an expensive aluminum dump bed and a plow.