New eBay Purchase

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lafrance4078, Mar 23, 2005.

1. lafrance4078

lafrance4078 LawnSite Member

Just won the auction. I am going to pick it up next week-end. What do you folks think? you are bidding on a 52inch cut Great Dane commercial lawn mower. Super Surfer. It only has 26 hours. It has the 17 horse power kawasaki motor and electric key start. It is a floatind deck and zero turn radius. There is a small dent on the gas tank holder which I have taken a picture of. I had it serviced and 10 and 20 hours by the local dealer "All Brevard Mowers" in Melbourne Florida. Everything is in great working order and there is nothing wrong other than the small ding I mentioned. I live in Merritt Island Florida, (where the Shuttle is launched..about 45min from Orlando) I will arrange for pick or meet with in reason. I dont want to ship. I couldn't get the pic to upload. I will try again in a little bit.

2. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you buying or selling this machene?

3. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I really don't want to disappoint you but here it goes. The 17hp engine will be underpowered for a 52" cut deck. When you get into the wet, thick stuff that is right around the corner you will be begging for more ponies. With the exception of that I think you will be very pleased with the new machine. Congrats!!!

4. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I couln't make sense of it either........

5. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

I believe the above statment is his original post and the remainder of the information is from the auction listing.

BobR

6. LightningLawns

LightningLawns LawnSite Senior Member

must have got a really good deal to drive all that way for a used lawnmower.

7. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

8. lafrance4078

lafrance4078 LawnSite Member

Sorry for not getting you guys more info. 5 month old was not happy. Yes, I did get a great deal IMO. The link above is the correct one. I won for $3,300 I think its a great price. The mower only has 26 hours on it. I had found some GD SS around here, but they were asking 3000.00 with a whole lot more hours. It should take me around 10 hours to get down there. I plan on staying around for a little bit, and enjoy the area. Thanks lawn-scapes for the link! You guys can see the pics of the mower there.

9. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I'm sorry as I have to agree that 17HP is not near enough HP for a 52" mower, so based on that and the drive I don't know if that was agood deal or not really. But if YOU are happy with it that is all that matters, so congrats!

10. Teiman

Teiman LawnSite Member

sounds good, Looks good

last month I bought a stander, 61" with 23 hp kawi
    with 270 hrs. 4 extra sets of blades and a grass gobbler
    for 3,500. mine was not used commercially. They guy
    drove 300 miles round trip to deliver it casue my truck
    was in maint.

sounds like your deal is comparable, Might have to
    cut more often with the 17 hp as I probably will with
    the 23

Anybody know of any tricks to squeeze a few more