New EBZ7001

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by RedMax Man, Jun 29, 2007.

1. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I bought a new 2007 RedMax EBZ7001 backpack blower to replace the old EBZ4800. The old blower was bought about 3 years ago, but the piston got worn out and to many related parts needed to be replaced that it wasn't worth fixing. Damage wasn't caused by abuse or poor upkeep, just regular wear and tear. It was my first commercial tool and blower.

This new blower is real nice, powerful and not heavy. It has many of the features thats on my larger RedMax EBZ8000 backpack blower and weighs less. Cost $499 + Tax at my dealer.

DSCF7433.JPG

DSCF7435.jpg

2. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

very nice, hope it works well for you

3. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice, but if ya can just take care of that clover.......:rolleyes:

4. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

What do you do to your Equipment that it only lasted you three years????...I had a Pb-400 Before my Pb-751 and it was ten years old before it died out and that blower was bought from a lawn care company that went out of business....And now my Pb-751 is going on its fourth year of commercial use and i have never had a problem.....

I think you should start looking in to ECHO!!!!...:weightlifter: :weightlifter:

5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Ive got the eb7001 and love it and plan on getting one of those ebz7001s before fall. I wonder what the power difference is between the eb7001 and the ebz7001

6. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

I paid $430 with tax for mine. But anyways its a great blower, however for regular maintenance I like my stihl better. The redmax goes with the landscape crew now. However its still a nice buy.

7. Landscape89

Landscape89 LawnSite Member

I've got the same machine. Things a beauty!! :waving:

8. RedMax Man

Yeah that part of my lawn but its going to be all ripped up, irrigated and hydroseeded soon.

Good question,I bought the blower new, and the dealer where it was bought also did the maintenance. Used RedMax oil and took good care of it by storing it indoors and keeping filters clean. Recently i noticed it was having a hard time gaining power when i raised the throttle. I thought it was a carb problem but the my dealer looked at it closely and then pulled it apart because he didn't think it was after he took it apart. The piston mechanism is bad so it would have to be replaced which was a couple hundred in parts. The engine was very clean he said and wasn't abused. I have a friend who has the same blower that also basically died like this but i'm not sure if it was the same problem. This model isn't made anymore, it has been replaced by the EBZ5000Q. Funny you say that about the Echo because the guy i know who has a 4800 sitting in his shop now has an Echo. I have the 4800 for parts now.

These are the specs:

EB7001 EBZ7001
    Engine CC 62.0 64.9
    HP 4.2 3.8
    Air Volume CFM 742 809
    Air Speed MPH 204 204

... Thats the most important specs, most of everything else is very similar except for the engine. The EBZ is Srato Charged, the EB is regular 2 cycle.

9. RedMax Man

This is the old EBZ4800 after is was disassembled.

DSCF7431 4800.jpg

10. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

That ebz7001 will be my next blower for sure!! thanks for the specs