New Echo blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Stonewall, Dec 14, 2000.

1. Stonewall

Stonewall LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer told me about a new Echo backpack blower PB 650. He said he saw a demo with a Redmax 620 and Stihl BR 400 and it was significantly more powerful. Anybody else seen one?

2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I'll stick with my Redmax and Shindaiwa.

3. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I am not the fan of Echo I once was. However, I never thought the Shindaiwa would have had so much more power than the Stihl :) You never know, I saw the catalog featuring the PB650 and it does have a 63.3 cc engine. Maybe they are turning things around.

4. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

What?! I just bought the PB-603!!! The guy said Echo was not gonna come with anything more powerful anytime soon. He just said two lesser powerful ones were coming out! Well, would you guys mind telling me about the PB-650? Does it have the bigger blow tube like the 603? Howmuch does it weigh? Any significant changes? Tube mounted Throttle? CFM & MPH???

5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Here's what the Echo catalog says; Dry weight-21lbs, Max. air speed-205mph,Air volume at pipe-630cfm, fuel-69 oz. Also extra large tubes and hip throttle.

6. YardMaster Unlimited

YardMaster Unlimited LawnSite Member

I saw one of the new blowers the other day while at a dealer that I use and it looks pretty much the same as my pb60. Dealer said it was supposed to be more powerfull and also is now supposed to have a 2 year commercial warranty. I like echo products and have several, but after my pb60 went down this summer I decided to try the kawasaki blower that lesco was carrying. I must say the kaw is much lighter and seems to be quiter and outblows the echo.

7. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought a new PB-601 It has the 58.2 cc and 190 mph and 535 CFM at the end tube, It's weight is 21lb empty, I really like it so far and it has bue-kew power. Got it for 345 with my discount, it was on sale for 399.