New Echo line

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnprosteveo, Jan 24, 2008.

1. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Just looking at the new stuff Echo has out...Ive ran Shindaiwa T231's for the last 5 yrs...not exactly trouble free but ok..

I will seriously be looking at these this spring. The 280 and 265 will be heavier but the extra power would be nice.

That new chain saw (cs400) looks good too.:cool2:

2. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

265 is basically a 260 with a newer power head.

280 is a newer model. Power output is compared to the 310, but noticably lighter.

the cs-400 is a replacement for the 440. Just a beafed up cs370.

Not all these models are shipped out to dealers yet. They will gradually work their way into the dealerships.

3. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

I use the new PAS-265 powerhead with attachments.
    A little heavy but lots of power...

4. TOOLSHACK

TOOLSHACK LawnSite Member

It should be an exciting year. There are many new items coming out this spring from ECHO. Many of them aren't shown on the website yet. We will have most of them in our showroom within the next 2 weeks!!

The new 265 models have increased power and fuel efficiency over the 260 series.

The new SRM-280 is as powerful as the older 311 series, but more fuel efficient and much lighter weight.

There are also "T" variants of both models available. They will have 2:1 gear reduction... that means amazing cutting torque...at lighter weights than other brands. I've got one that can be demo'd (for anyone in my area)

HAPPYFROG.... come see me.

5. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

I've meant to come see you for a while and never had time to stop by before closing time....
    Will try to stop over tomorrow. :waving:

6. equip4u

equip4u LawnSite Member
    from pa

For commercial use make sure you buy the "t" models. The amount of torque they have is awesome compared to the same model without the better gear reduction. This is especially important especially in areas where trimming thicker growth. WIth the gear reduction the "t" models have your engine rpm's are higher - hence longer engine life

7. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

So.. why only a single ring on the piston now?

The SRM-260 design has a double ring piston, why would Echo be touting these new orange models as better when they are single ring?

8. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I agree with this. I am currently running the 261-T Trimmer, I love it. I bought all my Echo equipment from the Tool Shack in Gulf Breeze. Best dealer I have dealt with. They will take care of you before, during and after the sell. Highly recommended.

9. steve m

steve m LawnSite Member

I have used echo's for years you can't go wrong with them 260's

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

They say less friction and hence less heat and more horsepower. Their testing for reliability has been very good---per the Echo rep.