New Echo PB-251 no start

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by ddevore, May 6, 2008.

1. ddevore

ddevore LawnSite Member

Ok, I'm totally new here and no expert but I think could figure this out. I bought a new PB-251 yesterday that would not start, new fuel I checked and it had spark - today I exchanged it. I got home tonight same issue. The spark is good, I used the same fuel, then drained it and tried different fuel that I've been using in other equipment (not as fresh, but it should at least do something). Fuel is getting on the plug as well. Is their anything i need to do that I'm just plain missing??

Thanks for any advise!
    Dennis

2. Breezmeister

Breezmeister LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from South Jersey

I'm not trying to be a smarta$$, but have you RTFM ? There should be a section in there that tells you how to start it.
    Second, didn't the dealer go over it with you :rolleyes:

3. ddevore

ddevore LawnSite Member

I've gone through the manual about 30 times looking to see if their is anything stupid that needs to be done on a new machine - nothing. The starting instructions are exactly the same as I have for an older model just like this that works fine, not much to it... turn on the switch, turn on the choke, pull the string and give it some throttle. As for the dealer, I picked it up at HD (I should have gone to an actual dealer).

Any other suggestions? It's got to be something stupid (possibly me).

4. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

Take it back for exchange.

5. Breezmeister

Breezmeister LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from South Jersey

You are priming it until you see gas in the little bubble on the carb ? If you can not get it started tomorrow, take it back and see if some one at HD can start it.

ericg likes this.
  6. ddevore

ddevore LawnSite Member

Yeah, it's going back into the tank through the return and it's getting to the plug as it's wet when I pull it out. Thanks for the info guys, I'll swing back by HD with it tomorrow and see if they can do anything or exchange it (again).